Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Awaken Me

awaken me from my ignorant slumber, 
for i want to see this ruthless world, 
awaken me from my optimistic drunken stupor, 
for i want to see it all.

awaken me from my inanity, 
for i want to stand witness to the people rage,
awaken me from my banality, 
for i want to see this world change.

awaken me from my decadence, 
for i want to stand firm in such turbulent times, 
awaken me from my morbid existence,
for i want to face all the human crimes. 

awaken me from this human grave, 
for all my life i just stood and watched. I knew
the war was here and we were few, 
yet i stood and watched. 
Brave men came and brave men fought, 
with their guns and with their words. Yet all
i ever did was stood and watched.
Now i refuse to let history pass by, 
now i refuse to stand idle and die,
for i have watched for far too long, 
its finally time to undo the wrong.

awaken me from my ignorant slumber, 
for i want to see this beautiful world, 
awaken me, 
for i want to see it all.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment